Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2008 11:00

XPS420 Recommend a Bluetooth rechargable mouse?

I have an XPS420 with the Media reader with Bluetooth 2.o and the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. It works OK.

I want to get a new Bluetooth mouse that is rechargeable in a dock. Microsoft and Logitech both make Bluetooth rechargeable Mice.

Are any of them compatible with the XPS default Bluetooth software? It would be great if the mouse just worked without having to remove the XPS Bluetooth software or load another version as well or worse use another dongle.

Any recommendation would be much appreciated

Thanks

Message Edited by SamR1 on 06-19-2008 07:04 AM
Message Edited by SamR1 on 06-19-2008 07:04 AM

June 19th, 2008 11:00

Not quite what you're looking for but I have a Logitech DiNovo Edge Keyboard with integrated mouse and that works pervectly well with the Dell Blootooth reciever on my 630i.  The Logitech Setpoint control app picked everything up with it.  I also use the Logitech MX Revolution mouse (the best wireless mouse out there imo)  That comes with a charging cradle but it's RF and needs the dongle.  I have the dongle plugged into the USB hub on my 2408wfp screen and it's no bother.

Now, I also happen to have the Logitech MX900 bluetooth mouse.  The cradle is the bluetooth hub and is a fine mouse.  I didn't try it with the Dell though as it's now in my office. I can imagine lots of conflicts mind you.

705 Posts

June 19th, 2008 12:00

This one works without logitech drivers under 32 and 64 bit vista. Note that the extra keys on the keyboard to control sound, shortcuts etc do require the logitech setpoint software...

60 Posts

June 20th, 2008 07:00

Thanks guys, I will investigate.

Does anyone know if the Microsoft Laser mouse 8000 is compatible with Dell Bluetooth?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=084

Thanks

No Events found!