Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 20th, 2009 19:00

XPS710H2C Repairs

I have a XPS710H2C system still under warranty.  Since I purchased this computer, it has had both hard drives replaced (within 6 months of delivery) and the nVidia 8800 GTX graphics cards and PhysX cards replaced 3 times, memory replaced, motherboard replaced, fan replaced...just about everything except the audio card, monitor, and CD and DVD drives.

Just yesterday (Wednesday, 19 Aug 09), I received a memory parity error when I booted the system so I shut it off and waited abit..and then when I restarted the system, after a few minutes the screen blacked out.  Then I had to shut down the system again and rebooted and after about 10 - 15 minutes the screen froze (something it does almost every day when I am playing online games).

Dell has technicians come and replace items (as listed above).   The computer is constantly freezing when playing online games (and I use cable for the internet).

What is Dell's policy on having to constantly replace parts ... is there anything else I can do besides buy another computer..probably from another company? 

14.4K Posts

August 20th, 2009 19:00

run the extended diagnostics on the ram.

you are more than likely too far out to have the system replaced.

Freezes are a lot of the time cause by heat related issues. The 8800GTX is nitrous for running a bit on the hot side and this could be a good source of your problems. When you game do you up the fan speed on the card?  Pick up an run the free little program GPU-z. This will report temps on your card. You can also run EVGA precision even if you do not have a EVGA card. This will allow you to control the fan on the card. you will need to register on the EVGA web site to get the program to get the latest version or go Here to get the previous version

4 Posts

August 20th, 2009 20:00

Thank you for replying.  When I game, the fan does speed up.  The temperatures are within the normal range. Thanks for the links...I have downloaded the GPU-Z file and EVGA.

Again, thank you for the information.

No Events found!