Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 15th, 2012 22:00

XPS8100 cannot be powered on

Hi,

I have issue with my xps desktop which cannot be turned on. The green led light (at the power supply) is always on when I power up the CPU. 

Any idea what's wrong with it? Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 17th, 2012 04:00

Hi dellxpsious,

There seems to be an issue with the motherboard or power supply on your computer. Please open up the tower and check if you are able to see the motherboard LED light on, so that we could determine if the issue is with the motherboard or power supply.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 15th, 2012 22:00

Hi NanaMarie,

Dell Studio XPS 8100 comes with diagnostic indicators. If the computer is not starting up you can refer to the diagnostic indicators.

First I’d like to know The Studio XPS 8100 power button light (bicolor LED) located on the front of the computer illuminates and blinks or remains solid to indicate different color state.

Second I’d like to know if you are getting any beep codes. The Studio XPS 8100 system can emit a series of beeps during start-up if the display cannot show errors or problems. These series of beeps, called beep codes, identify various problems. Please let me know how many beeps you get.

Also, please open up the tower and check if you are able to see the motherboard LED light on.

Please reply so that we could assist you further.

October 15th, 2012 23:00

Hi Ravi,

The power button light doesn't light up at all and I don't hear any beep sound. I'll open up the tower when I am home later to check the motherboard LED light. Thanks.

October 17th, 2012 09:00

Hi all,

Thanks for the response and suggestions.

I can turn on my desktop now. I am not sure what's wrong with the system but it is working fine somehow :emotion-2:

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 17th, 2013 01:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.

No Events found!