Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 20th, 2013 11:00

XPS8500 The local adapter does not support Bluetooth Low Energy.

New XPS8500 

I was getting locked up, so I checked the logs. I had the ATIeRecord issue, which hopefully is now resolved. I also noticed that I have a warning BTHUSB

"The local adapter does not support Bluetooth Low Energy"

Any ideas what this is all about?

I am also getting frequent warnings Kernel-PnP

"The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC-&PROD_MS#MS-PRO&REV_1.03#058F63626476&3#."

Any help is appreciated.

1 Message

January 13th, 2014 14:00

Hello, I realize this post is quite old, but I thought it might be worth posting my experience as maybe it can help someone that is coming to this page through a Google search.

I was getting the same message for my Bluetooth ("The local adapter does not support Bluetooth Low Energy") and was having unexpected shutdowns (Kernel-Power event: 41) while in sleep mode. I tried several different things with my wireless controller and made sure all my drivers were up-to-date, but nothing seemed to fix my problem. Turns out the solution was fairly simple for me... All I had to do to stop the errors and shutdowns and was change a power management setting for my bluetooth and stop the computer from turning it off to save power.

To change this setting (in Windows 8, anyway), go to the "Control Panel", then click on "Hardware and Sound", then click on "Device Manager". In the Device Manager, go to "Bluetooth", then expand the options to show your bluetooth device. Right click on your bluetooth device, hit "Properties" and then click on the tab that says "Power Management". In Power Management, if the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked (selected), then simply uncheck (deselect) it and hopefully this will fix your error messages.

Hope this helps someone!

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 20th, 2013 11:00

Hi ypdmd,

It seems to be a Bluetooth driver conflict with the WiFi. I suggest you to try disabling Bluetooth before connecting to any wireless network. Check if the error is displayed again after enabling Bluetooth. You will need to update the wireless and Bluetooth drivers and they can be downloaded from the following link after punching in the Service Tag:
http://dell.to/QjjZDA

Please let me know about your findings.

11 Posts

May 20th, 2013 17:00

What exactly do you mean by disabling Bluetooth? Uncheck the share button in the Bluetooth settings? Disable the network adapter?

I did both.

11 Posts

May 20th, 2013 18:00

Oh and my drivers are up to date. My machine is 3 weeks old.

11 Posts

May 20th, 2013 18:00

Disabling and re-enabling blue tooth did not reproduce the error.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 21st, 2013 17:00

Hi ypdmd,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. Try connecting a Bluetooth device and reinstall the drivers if the error message is displayed again.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 21st, 2013 17:00

Keep in mind that your drivers may not be up-to-date even though the system is only 3 weeks old.

Drivers can be updated more frequently than the factory image used to set up your hard drive so you may not have the latest drivers. Follow the link that Dell-Rajath gave you to look for updated drivers.

1 Message

September 12th, 2014 19:00

thank you so much. dis is what i looking for... it fixed my problem. 

5 Posts

September 2nd, 2017 10:00

Awesome, I found MANY alleged solutions to this but yours is the only one that actually worked!

They always say get the latest drivers which is fine but that is usually NOT the end of the fix.

Good Job!

No Events found!