Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2012 04:00

XPS8500: integrated VGA port not working

New XPS8500 with an AMD Radeon 7570 card and Windows 8.

I have my main monitor on the DVI output of the 7570 but I need to use the integrated VGA port for a second screen.

I have enabled the port in the BIOS and the Dell website has detected my hardware and OS and I have downloaded the recommended drivers but they won't install, displaying the message 'the computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software' when I try to install them.

Any suggestions?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 22nd, 2012 04:00

Hi itati,

I believe the integrated port is disabled by design. However, many newer video cards support two monitors, so I would explore the capabilities of your Radeon 7570.

3 Posts

April 1st, 2013 13:00

Same exact problem. Dell has sent new motherboard. Then the AMD 7570 seemed to fail and I was sent a replacement card. Still same problem. Very irritating. Just want to run two monitors while leaving the AMD 7570 HDMI port available for a HDTV. Back to Dell support.....

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 4th, 2013 01:00

Hi WYORandy,

XPS 8500 comes with an integrated video card and a discrete video card (optional). In your computer you have AMD Radeon HD7570 discrete video card having one DVI port and one HDMI port. You will need to enable ‘Multi - Display’ in the BIOS and then you will be able to connect one monitor to the integrated GPU on the motherboard and other monitor to the DVI port of discrete GPU on the system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to enable ‘Multi- Display’ in BIOS.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the key once a second until the BIOS screen pops up.
  3. Using the arrow keys on the Keyboard navigate to ‘Advanced’ tab.
  4. Please Click on the ‘Onboard Device configuration’ Option.
  5. Please enable the Intel Multi-Display.
  6. Press F10 and Save changes and restart the computer.
No Events found!