Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2013 06:00

cannot install Windows 7 in to New T3600

We have a new bare-metal T3600 that only came with a Free-DOS disk ( no DELL drivers CD)  and are trying to install Windows 7-64.

After booting off the W7 DVD we get to the "install drivers" point of the installation and are drivers from the support site onto a USB stick, but nothing is working.

My T3600 configure with 

PERC 310

1 SATA Drive 1TB

nVdia Quadro 600

I tried to install by using Windows 7 64 bits Enterprise ,even Pro version but not working. After that I download PERC driver from Dell web site and use during installation , seems it's not right driver for PERC.

I tried by using external DVD drive , still no working.

I tried by remove PERC 310 , HDD0 SATA cable direct to HDD and set BIOS to ATA not AHCI then using W7 Ent even Pro 64 still not working.

I tried to install into other PC (optiplex) by using this HDD and DVD drive, it's working. mean problem not from HDD and DVD !!

5 Posts

June 24th, 2013 08:00

one more that I tried is I put back PERCH310 back and set drive as non RAID. then install ...but still ...

• 

351 Posts

June 27th, 2013 04:00

Hi Kowitk,

For this issue I would suggest that you set the drives to RAID inside the PERC H310 Setup and then:

1. Download the driver here: ftp.dell.com/.../Windows%207%2064-bit

2. Double click the .EXE and follow the wizard to unzip the file to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\XXXXX

3. Once unzipped copy the files from the folder onto a USB Flash Drive.

4. During the Windows 7 Installation, on the 'Where do you want to install Windows' screen, insert the USB Flash Drive and choose 'Load Driver'

5. Windows will then search for the driver.

6. Once the driver is loaded click Next and the Hard Drive should now be seen and you can continue installing Windows

Please let me know if this resolved your issue.

Thanks

Colin

5 Posts

June 30th, 2013 23:00

Hi Colin,

I can't go trough your link provided. please amend it.

Set drive to RAID you mean I set to non-RAID or ?  I mean my T3600 have had only 1 SATA HDD.

Thanks,

Kowit

• 

351 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 02:00

Hi Kowitk,

Sorry, please set the drive to non-RAID as you only have 1 drive.

Here is the link again, hopefully this time it will appear correct: ftp.dell.com/.../Windows%207%2064-bit

Thanks

Colin

• 

351 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 02:00

Sorry Kowitk, the link doesn't seem to appear correctly.

Please follow the instructions below:

1. Goto: ftp.dell.com, choose Browse for Drivers (should be the 1st option)

2. Select Desktops

3. Choose Precision Workstations

4. Select T3600

5. Then choose SAS RAID,

6. On the next screen choose driver

7. Next choose Windows 7 64bit driver

8. On the next screen download the SAS RAID driver

9. Double click the .EXE and follow the wizard to unzip the file to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\XXXXX

10. Once unzipped copy the files from the folder onto a USB Flash Drive.

11. During the Windows 7 Installation, on the 'Where do you want to install Windows' screen, insert the USB Flash Drive and choose 'Load Driver'.

12. Windows will then search for the driver.

13. Once the driver is loaded click Next and the Hard Drive should now be seen and you can continue installing Windows

Thanks

Colin

• 

351 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 05:00

Hi Kowitk,

I'm glad to hear that you have managed to get it working now.

Thanks

Colin

5 Posts

July 2nd, 2013 05:00

Hi Colin,

Finally, it's work as you are advised.

Thanks so much on this.

Kowit

2 Posts

October 19th, 2013 12:00

Having similar issue. Cant find SAS RAID Driver, only see firmware?

5 Posts

October 21st, 2013 00:00

Dear TJ,

you should try follow ftp://ftp.dell.com/Browse_For_Drivers/Desktops/

then

Select T3600 ,

Then choose SAS RAID,

On the next screen choose driver

Next choose Windows 7 64bit driver

On the next screen download the SAS RAID driver

Double click the .EXE and follow the wizard to unzip the file to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\XXXXX

Once unzipped copy the files from the folder onto a USB Flash Drive.

During the Windows 7 Installation, on the 'Where do you want to install Windows' screen, insert the USB Flash Drive and choose 'Load Driver'.

Windows will then search for the driver.

Once the driver is loaded click Next and the Hard Drive should now be seen and you can continue installing Windows

1 Message

November 1st, 2013 07:00

Hello Sorry,

I read this post but still not be able to install Win7 for scratch to my T3600. I haev the drivers on a USB key but windows do not found any compatible drier. should I do some thing on the BIOS first?

January 29th, 2014 04:00

Hi Xavloz,

basically the chipset these model are using is Intel C600 and uses Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise (IRSTe drivers) that can be downloaded from Intel website.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3449&DwnldID=22502&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Rapid+Storage+Technology+enterprise+(Intel%c2%ae+RSTe)&lang=eng

enjoy :emotion-1:

April 7th, 2016 14:00

I spend 3 days trying to install window 7 on my T3600, with this my problem was solve, thanks for that.

3 Posts

November 8th, 2016 02:00

hi

I'm trying to install a W7 64 on a T3600 and am stuck into the beggining of the windows  install because no drive is found, I tried many solutions proposed in the messages above (try to dl sas raid driver and put on usb stick but non worked). Mainly because links are obsolete and I tried to dl interl C600 drivers from intel site but still not working ... any idea please ?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 8th, 2016 05:00

No drive is found because advanced format drives and AHCI require F6 drivers.  This also requires Windows 7 SP1.

The original windows 7 does not have an F6 driver that is current enough for Advanced format drives.

Drives larger than 120 gigs and drives made after 2011 have 4k sectors that require INTEL RST 9.6 or higher and or Advanced format drives.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=4JGTT

'"Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware" installation error on a Windows 7-based or a Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer'.External Link

To prevent this from occurring, users need a USB key and then need to download the latest Storage drivers.

1. Click here to enter the Drivers and Downloads page.
  2. Click on Enter a Tag to use your Service Tag to find the driver, then click Go. If the Service Tag is not available, click Select Model, select the Product Family and Product Model, then click Confirm.

3. Select the Operating System from the Operating System: dropdown box.

4. Select SATA Drives from the Category: dropdown box.

5. Click either Intel's RST driver version 9.6.0.1014 or later or other SATA Driver in the SATA Drives section for the system.
  6. Review the information on the page and take note of Installation Instructions, and Important Information. Click Download. You may receive a warning and an option to Run or Save the file.
  7. Click Run.
  8. The file will download and Dell wizard for the Serial ATA will appear. Click Continue.
  9. Either click OK to select the default file location or change the file location then click OK.
  10. Once the files have extracted, click Finish.
  11. If RAID is present on the computer and an Operating System reinstallation is going to occur, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, follow the on-screen wizard to complete the installation.
  12. Browse to the location in which the files were extracted. If this was left as the default, click Start, Computer, Local Disk C:, dell, drivers and then the folder name that was created from the install wizard.
  13. Copy all of the files in this folder to the USB key.
  14. Begin the reinstallation as described in Dell Knowledge Base Article: Win 8.1, Win 8, Win 7, Win Vista and Win XP

3 Posts

November 8th, 2016 06:00

Thansk for your quick answer, unfortunately this do not work, the RSTe_f6_iaStorA_win7_64 driver (from 4GJTT - the other link in dell support with service tag give only a firmware update for SAS drives, no drivers) is the only one recognised by the windows installer but once loaded no drive appears even after a refresh... The computer is actually running as a linux box maybe something about that ?

No Events found!