Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2010 00:00

computer won't turn on, solid green light?

Hi,

I am having trouble figuring out what is wrong with my Dell Studio desktop and can't seem to find anything online. It is only about one and a half years old. One day the computer just turned off all of a sudden and when I tried to turn it back on, nothing happens. There was no power outage and there is a solid green light on the back of the desktop. Anybody know what could be the problem? The only thing I can think of is that something is wrong with the wires connecting to the power button. I need to get this fixed asap, as I have a lot of work that I need to do on there. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

729 Posts

September 11th, 2010 02:00

What model Studio desktop and what color is the power button on the front after you press it?  Solid blue, blinking blue, solid amber or blinking amber?

1 Message

November 9th, 2010 23:00

I have a Dell Optiplex 760 (?) desktop that all of a sudden would not turn on yesterday, and the power button is blinking amber. What does this mean?

159 Posts

November 10th, 2010 04:00

I guess the problem relates to the power supply of your computer. As there are nothing else possible. If you are sure about your CPU,HDD and RAM of your system, i guess you should test your power supply. Check and see if it works true?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

November 10th, 2010 12:00

mddcv

The Optiplex 760 has four different versions, the Mini Tower, Desktop, Small Form Factor and the Ultra Small Form Factor.

Which version do you have?

Bev. 

No Events found!