Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2011 06:00

desktop inspiron one 2310 touch screen

i'm just bought my desktop inspiron one 2310 and i found that it can connect with tv tuner..but i dont know how to do it...can somebody teach me?

i get a tv tuner and IR but duno how to use..

pls teach me!!thanks so much~

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 12th, 2011 06:00

Are you saying the PC has a built in TV Tuner?

January 21st, 2011 05:00

I have the same question.  Just bought a Dell Inspiron One 2310, with a built-in TV tuner.

Do you just buy an antenna cable and plug it in from the wall to the computer?  Do you need a set top box to receive digital channels?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 22nd, 2011 14:00

The Dell TV Tuner (A336A) uses the Dell RC260 Remote Control. The Antenna-in Connector on the back connects to an external antenna to view programs using the optional TV tuner card. I do not see that we included a cable. I would simply connect it to the TV cable jack and see what appears.

January 22nd, 2011 15:00

Just an update for all.

I bought an antenna cable from the store, plugged it into the wall and the back of the computer; and it work's a charm.

Automtically found all the digital channels, and I can watch and record TV in Windows Media Centre.

So, that answered my question re: whether you need a set-top box.  The answer is no.  The TV Tuner built in is a digital TV tuner.

I'm not sure what the IR cable is which comes with the computer...doesn't seem to be required?

Cheers,

9 Posts

February 12th, 2011 15:00

Is there a manual for the Dell RC260 remote, I can't figure out what all the buttons are for

Thx

2 Posts

August 15th, 2011 03:00

Hey guys, I've just bought Dell All-in-One 2310 PC. It has come with an in-built tv tuner card.

I've a set top box, which I'm trying to connect to it, but I doesn't seem to be working. :emotion-7:

I've followed the instructions given in the manual. Connected the RF cable from set top box to the monitor and IR cable is also connected. While scanning it doesn't search any channels?

Am I missing something?

I'm in India and my DTH service is Tata sky.

1 Message

December 10th, 2011 03:00

I am having the same problem. Recently bought an Inspirion One 2310 all in one desktop which comes with a built in tv tuner. however, I am unable to set it up with my tata sky set top box. When I am going through windows media center it is scanning but not able to find any channel. Like you I have connected the PC with the set top box with a RF cable.

Were you able find any solution? I am also located in India.

1 Message

March 5th, 2012 12:00

Dell Inspiron One 2310 Intel Software

No Events found!