Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 27th, 2010 12:00

dimension 4300 sound not working

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm getting issues with my very old dell dimension 4300 computer. The device manager is saying that sound drivers cannot be loaded (Code 39). I've tried to reinstall the drivers (by downloading the drivers from the dell web site - putting in my service tag) but that didn't help. I've also tried to uninstall and the scan for new drivers and that also hasn't helped. Can you help me in fixing this issue please? Service Tag is <ADMIN NOTE:Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Kind regards

Sidharth

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 27th, 2010 14:00

What sound device do you have?  The integrated (on the motherboard) audio or a separate sound card? 

If it's the integrated audio, first make sure it is enabled in the BIOS (F2-Setup).  If that is OK, reinstall the Intel Chipset Drivers then the sound drivers. 

HERE is the Dell downloads, and you can get the latest Intel chipset driver (for the motherboard) and Sound Drivers for your specific installation. 

881 Posts

July 27th, 2010 14:00

You need to edit your post to remove your service tag number. That is against the terms of the forums and could result in your post being removed completely.

Jeff

August 3rd, 2010 11:00

Sorry, forgot to mention that I have the integrated sound card. (Well now I have a sound card as well!)

Sorry, forgot to mention that I have the integrated sound card. (Well now I have a sound card as well!)

Hi, 

Thanks for your responses. I've tried reinstalling the intel chipset and also sound drivers from the link you sent. (I had already tried it before but tried it again with chipset update) unfortunately it's still the same. I bought a cheap sound card and installed that but unfortunately even that is giving the same problem!! This has got me baffled. Any suggestions?

Regards

Sidharth

No Events found!