Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2011 16:00

dimension 4550 freezing up

I have a dimension 4550 that keeps freezing up for no apparent reason, i have formatted the system to try to resolve the issue with no luck i didnt put any programs on it that wasn't factory installed and it still freezes up I'm running windows xp on it can someone please help me with this issue.

May 1st, 2011 17:00

ok i ran the diagnostic and the result was no IDE device

14.4K Posts

May 1st, 2011 17:00

Could be a hardware issue like your video card. Suggest you run the Dell diagnostics. Tap the F12 key at the Dell Logo screen. Run the full diagnostics and post back the results.

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

May 1st, 2011 20:00

I have a dimension 4550 that keeps freezing up for no apparent reason, i have formatted the system to try to resolve the issue with no luck i didnt put any programs on it that wasn't factory installed and it still freezes up I'm running windows xp on it can someone please help me with this issue.

Might be bad capacitors.

May 2nd, 2011 10:00

Could be a hardware issue like your video card. Suggest you run the Dell diagnostics. Tap the F12 key at the Dell Logo screen. Run the full diagnostics and post back the results.

ok i ran the diagnostic and the result was no IDE device

May 2nd, 2011 14:00

ok got it fixed by disconnecting the ethernet cable and disabling the port then reinstalled the wireless adapter that i had on it before and now it seems to be working just fine haven't figured out how the ethernet port would cause the system to freeze up but glad its fixed now

No Events found!