Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 18th, 2017 03:00

drivers issue

Hello 

I just reinstalled win7-64bit on a new precision 3420 desktop. I downloaded all the drivers from the website and also used the Dell Driver utility but I still have 3 devices that are not recognised.

These are:

SM Bus Controller

PCI Memory controller

PCI data acquisition and signal processing controller

Can someone please let me know where can I find the drivers for them?

Thank you

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

September 18th, 2017 05:00

All 4 of the Chipset drivers have to be installed.

SM Bus Controller     INTEL CHIPSET, INTEL USB3

PCI Memory controller   INTEL CHIPSET

PCI data acquisition and signal processing controller  INTEL MANAGEMENT AMT HECI SOL

downloads.dell.com/.../3040-WIN7-A01-F6YXX.CAB

If you extract the files from the cab and store all the files and folders in the My documents folder then say find drivers automatically it will "fix" all the issues.

Otherwise you have to install each piece.

Description Supported OS Download
Intel USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver
This package provides the driver for Intel USB 3.0/3.1 eXtensible Host Controller and is supported on Latitude/Precision/OptiPlex/XPS/Inspiron/Vostro/IOT systems running the following Windows 7.More details
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 7 32-bit
W74S
Microsoft Windows Embedded
Intel(R) Management Engine Components Installer
This package provides Intel Management Engine Driver and is supported on Optiplex, Latitude, Precision, XPS, Venue, IoT and Enterprise workstation platforms, running the following Operating Systems: Windows 7 32/64bit, Windows 8 32/64bit, Windows 8.1 32/64bit, Windows 10 32/64bitMore details
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
WB64A
MWS80
W12R2
WST14
W74S
WT64A

Realtek PCI-E Memory Card Reader Driver
Realtek PCI-E memory card reader driver for OptiPlex, Precision, Latitude, XPS, Alienware, Inspiron, and Vostro series running the following Windows Operating Systems: Win 7, Win 8.1, and Win10.More details

Realtek Card Reader WB32A
WB64A
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
WT64A
WT32A

18 Posts

September 18th, 2017 06:00

My apologies I thought I downloaded and installed everything. The drivers are sorted now.

Curious though why the DELL driver update utility did not install it. It did detect that the chipset drivers were missing, then downloaded and installed them but it looks like the install was not successful. Anyway, it works now.

Thank you for your help and time.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

September 18th, 2017 11:00

No need to apologize.  Those errors are common and very specific.

Most of my newer dells Do not install properly or detect correctly until ALL of the chipset drivers are installed.

No Events found!