mydesktop08
1 Copper

eject button

Hello,

I have the Inspiron 530s. Whenever I press the eject button to release a CD it makes a sound that sounds like the CD is trying to turn, like it's stuck, like something is hitting the inside of the door and the door to eject wont open. If I "hit" the side of the tower the door magically opens. Why is it doing this? It wont even open right away if no CD is in there for that matter. I shouldnt have to hit the side of the tower to get the door to open or eject a CD by going into My Computer, and right clicking on devices with media storage to eject. Pressing the eject button is just "convenient" Is there a way to solve this problem on my own? 

HELLO -

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A NEW INTERNAL CD/DVD DRIVE - MY CURRENT ONE DOESNT OPEN WHEN PRESSING EJECT BUTTON OR FROM GOING TO MY COMPUTER AND CLICKING ON EJECT. I PURCHASED AN LG SUPER MULTI DVD REWRITER. NOW, THE SET UP GUIDE CAME W/ SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR SOME I AM UNSURE. I HAVE THE DELL INSPIRON 530S.  1. ONE REQUIRMENT STATES THAT THE VGA CARD MEMORY S/B 128MB OR HIGHER. I DONT KNOW WHERE TO FIND THAT INFO. 2. SET UP ALSO STATES THAT POWER S/B +5V/+12V POWER SOCKET REQUIRED - HOW DO I KNOW MY COMPUTER HAS THAT? 3. MY OPERATING SYS IS WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC SERV PACK 2........THE SET UP REQUIREMENTS  STATE I NEED WINDOWS VISTA X86 OR X64..........I DONT KNOW IF THIS MAKES A DIFFERENCE OR NOT. I THINK I HAVE THE REST OF THE INFO COVERED. PLEASE ASSIST ME WITH THIS, THEN I CAN MOVE TO THE INSTALLATION PART. THANK YOU - TERRI

0 Kudos
1 Reply
7- Thorium

Re: eject button

The drive is defective.  If you still have a Dell warranty, contact Dell support.  If not start looking for a replacement.

As this is a vertical mounted unit, you will have to get one that is designed to work vertically.

By the way, there is a separate forum section for CD/DVD drive problems.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos