Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2010 14:00

graphics card for Optiplex 745 SFF

Hi

I recently picked up an Optiplex 745 SFF from work and am using it as a home pc.  I am looking at installing a graphics card (none installed at present) and am looking for some guidance on what cards would be suitable (mostly for watching films and some video editing).  I know that I'm restricted to a low profile card, but I'm not sure what my options are in relation to the power supply.

I understand the installed power supply is 275W.  What I don't know is how much of this would be used by the computer at present, and how much would be available for use by a graphics card, and what sort of graphics cards would suit.  I will be connecting to a HD monitor, so would ideally like to have a hdmi connection if possible.

Any help on graphics cards that are known to work without problems would be appreciated.

1.7K Posts

November 19th, 2010 09:00

You can look at several low profile PCIe video cards and most will have the HDMI connnection which include the ATI HD 4350, HD 4550, HD5450, HD 5550 and HD 5570.  I put these in order from good to best.  Most low profile cards come with a full size bracket attached so you need to make sure that they come with the low profile bracket (s) also.  Most of the newer ones do now if they are a low profile card.  All of these cards should be fine on your 275 watt power supply.  

No Events found!