Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2011 07:00

how do i reinstate original o/s

hi all i'm new here.

just bought second hand studio hybrid 140g.  the guy before me installed windows 7 ultimate straight on the hard drive.

system says i have 3 main drives now c:   d:   g:  g has the original os which is vista but access is denied.

and becuse the way he installed 7 ultimate i have now disk space on c:

what i want to know is how do i reset whole machine to as new. with the vista os  i can then upgrade properly

hope you can help

thanks clinton

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 14th, 2011 09:00

Hi Clinton,

You should still be able to restore using this procedure. However, if you intend to upgrade to Windows 7, the best way is to perform a clean installation. Those instructions can be found using the same link.

2 Posts

May 16th, 2011 11:00

hi thanks for your help but no joy did what you suggested but no image has been stored asked me for final install disk.

can i get hold of an original oem setup disk or and image disk. i bought this second hand so got no disks

got the vista key on side of box any ideas where i go from here

look forward to hearing from you 

thanks for your time clinton

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 16th, 2011 14:00

clinton007

As the system is used and unless you are the registered with Dell as the owner, you will need to buy  the disc.

Try browsing eBay for the disc, I have seen Dell OEM Reinstallation discs for sale there, you will need to a the reinstallation dics, that's the same version that was factory installed, or buy a retail OEM copy of windows, that will have it's own COA and product key.

Bev. 

No Events found!