Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2010 05:00

mouse cursor freezes...burr!

Hi Every couple of days the Dell optical mouse cursor, USB connected, freezes on the screen, either upon booting to the Desktop or a couple of minutes later with either Outlook or Firefox running.The PC is a Dell Inspiron 530 with an upgrade install of Windows 7 Ultimate. I looked for a new mouse driver at Dell with my Service Tag, but the last one was for Vista in Feb. 2008 so it would not be newer then this computer's mouse driver purchased in Nov '08. Any suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2010 06:00

What does it take to clear the problem?  Does it clear up on it's own or do you have tor restart the PC? 

The mouse uses the standard built in Microsoft mouse drivers, nothing special is needed so if you have Windows 7 you have the latest driver.

The first thing is to get another mouse and see if it does the same thing.  A mouse is relatively inexpensive. 

13 Posts

July 3rd, 2010 14:00

thanks for replying. I have to do a hard boot by holding down the on-off button the box. it won't respond to Crtl-Alt-Del.

Though I just realized I might have been able to click on the MS Start key and arrowed over to the Shut down and done a restart.

Anyway after I re-boot it rarely does it twice in a row. That is, it will be normal after a new boot. I can definitely try another mouse and see how that goes...good idea.

I will give you an update later.

No Events found!