Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

HG

December 9th, 2009 18:00

need advice w/mobo and slots for 2 GTX cards

I went to blow the dust that accumulates like every three months or so, my set-up is the XPS 730 790i MOBO w/two nVidia GTX 280 in SLI. mode. Primary card is in slot 1, does the secondary video card go into slot 2 or 3, I have bridging for a 2 and 3 card set-up. with the two card set-up I have 4 ports to connect a HD monitor (single), does it matter where I connect the monitor cable to watch HDCP/blu-ray movies ?

thanx for everyone's help here, "Merry Christmas"

MiMi

3.7K Posts

December 10th, 2009 02:00

Hi, You have not said what model of Dell you have. But, if your system has PCIe slots on your mobo, then you will need 2 PCIe x 16 slots for your graphics cards. Both the cards will have to be the same.

December 10th, 2009 09:00

I don't know what you missed when I did say ----- "my set-up is the XPS 730 790i MOBO w/two nVidia GTX 280 in SLI. mode. Primary card is in slot 1, does the secondary video card go into slot 2 or 3, I have bridging for a 2 and 3 card set-up. with the two card set-up I have 4 ports to connect a HD monitor (single), does it matter where I connect the monitor cable to watch HDCP/blu-ray movies ?"

No Events found!