Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 7th, 2016 14:00

no digital output from insperion 580

I have an insperion  580 with an AMD radeon 5450 video card. It's connected to a dell 22" monitor. Video card has VGA, DVI and HDMI output jacks. Monitor has VGA and DVI input jacks. VGA to VGA works fine. DVI to DVI and HDMI to DVI do not work. Monitor does not detect a signal. I recently upgraded from win 7 to win 10. After the upgrade everything appeared to work properly. Why can't I get a digital signal from the computer to the monitor?

• 

17K Posts

August 10th, 2016 07:00

ARTODD1958,

You will need a Windows 10 video card driver for the functions of the card to work properly, Windows 10 seems to just loaded a generic vga driver. Unfortunately, there are no Window 10 drivers available for this system.

Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

• 

17K Posts

August 12th, 2016 07:00

Artodd1958,

Yes, you can add another video card into the system. You would need to get one that is supported with your computers expansion bus. Below is your computers expansion bus specs.

PCI one 124-pin connector
PCI Express x1 two 36-pin connector
PCI Express x16 one 164-pin connector
Power (System board) one 24-pin EPS 12V connector

Expansion Slots
PCI
Connectors one
Connector size 124-pin
Connector data width (maximum) 32 bit
Bus speed 33 MHz

PCI Express x1
Connectors two
Connector size 36-pin
Connector data width (maximum) 1 PCI Express lane
Bus speed 500 MB/s (bi-directional)

PCI Express x16
Connectors one
Connector size 164-pin
Connector data width (maximum) 16 PCI Express lanes
Bus speed 16 GB/s (bi-directional)

4 Posts

August 10th, 2016 12:00

Jesse, Thanks for the reply. Bottom line: I want to upgrade my monitor...looking at the dell U27---. For that I need digital. Options, Could I upgrade my video card or do I need to look at a new computer......Alan

4 Posts

August 12th, 2016 13:00

Jesse, If I replace the video card will that allow a digital signal out so I can upgrade my monitor or would the digital signal still be blocked because of the driver.  

4 Posts

August 13th, 2016 09:00

jesse,  is there any way I could talk or live chat with you for a couple of minutes. Really need some expert advice on which direction to go? .........Alan Todd

No Events found!