Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2005 01:00

nvidia drivers and usb problems

I downloaded new nvidia drivers because I was having problems with a game crashing to desktop (this was at the suggestion of the game producer Legacy Interactive.) I followed nvidia's instructions; everything seemed to go well, though the new drivers ultimately did not help the game's problem. My problem with usb became evident when I tried to play another game, a flight sim and my joystick, a USB Sidewinder PRO was not recognized(I had it plugged in on a usb port on my Dell 1704 lcd monitor..) the error message when I used the trouble shooting guide was that I needed to find another port for the joystick.  There followed a lot of tech language, so I decided that it was time to reverse the dirver install, which I did..I realize that aI should leave well enough alone, but what happened to my usb hubs on my monitor and how should / could I have fixed it?  Thanks.
Dell Dimension 4550 p4 2.53mhz
512 ddr ram
64mb mx440 geforce 4 with tv out 
Dell 1704 lcd monitor

2.8K Posts

April 9th, 2005 15:00

It is possible that if you plug the joystick into another port It will work fine.

Check in device manager and see if the USB hub on your monitor is there or has a yellow ! over it.

If so uninstall it and reboot.

No Events found!