Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2012 21:00

old dell 3000 fan problem

I have an older Dell 3000 desktop that I kept getting error about fan when booting. I removed the cover and the fan will try and run then stop. I have several of these 2400, 2600 and 3000 computers laying around so I removed the fan from one and tried it on the 3000. It will not work. I connected the fan to one of the others I have and it works so its not the fan.  I am assuming the motherboard pin is the problem. Has anyone ever tried to make a fan work connecting to the power supply? Is there a way to disable the bios error so I will not get the fan error when booting. I just hate to scrap this computer because it still works great. I guess if I had to I would swap the motherboard from a 2400 and use it that way. The cases on the ones I have are not in good shape or I would just use one of them and swap my hard drive and ram. Thanks for any tips on this. TD

214 Posts

September 15th, 2012 14:00

Yes I had already tried that but I knew it would not work because nobody had messed with the setting. . I had about five used motherboards so I just stuck one in and now it works fine. Thanks anyway. Tom

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

September 13th, 2012 23:00

Have you tried resetting the BIOS to factory defaults?

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 29th, 2013 06:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                    

No Events found!