Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2004 16:00

optical usb mouse problems

When i am moving my mouse around the screen, quite often the mouse will randomly move or snap quickly to the other side of the screen. I reinstalled the driver and mess around with a lot of the setting and nothing seems to help. is the something i can do to fix this? Thank you.

4.8K Posts

July 24th, 2004 23:00

rickshaw,

Have you tried a different mouse?

Steve

12 Posts

July 25th, 2004 08:00

Hi, guys, I am also facing the same problem, at first, I thought it was the problems caused by the viruses, but then, even I didn't connect to the internet or LAN, the problems still occured, can anyone help us with it??

Is it the problems of the mouse?? Or the OS?? Or the drivers??

Thanks!

27 Posts

July 25th, 2004 13:00

If your mouse pad is glossy or has designs, it can cause an optical mouse to be erratic. Try a solid color like gray or black.

Message Edited by Fishn on 07-25-2004 09:42 AM

12 Posts

July 25th, 2004 15:00

I am not sure if it is caused by the background, but I don't think so, since I am using it on a wood surface, I think it should be ok, not sure. I called Dell Technical Support for that, they told me to use it on a white background for the best usage, but even I use it on a white paper, like a book, it still acts like that.

Can anyone help me out with it?? Thanks a lot.

43 Posts

July 25th, 2004 23:00

I had the same problem.  Dell replaced my mouse and it worked better, but would still jump from time to time.  Started to use a total black mouse pad, the problem went away.  The pad that Dell supplies, I believe is causing this problem, they need to supply a better pad, one that works.

Bill 

2 Posts

July 26th, 2004 01:00

Yes, the mouse pad is the cause of the problem for me. I took the mouse pad for my other computer, which is solid black, and it works perfectly. Thanks for the help.

3 Posts

August 7th, 2004 01:00

yes there is a problem with the mousepad supplied by dell with the dell optical mouse !!

2 Posts

August 20th, 2004 18:00

I have a similar problem, but my mouse freezes often. It is not the background, I dont use a mouse pad-just the black desktop.

2 Posts

August 20th, 2004 22:00

On further review, it may have something to do with the background. When the mouse freezes, if I place a sheet of white paper under the mouse, it works perfectly! I guess I had better use a mouse pad afterall.

September 6th, 2004 22:00

I just couldn't believe it. Why would a mouse pad cause so much trouble? I had this silly problem since the first day I powered-up my Dell PC! So, I replaced the mouse pad with a plain white piece of paper...presto! It works, no more mouse problems!

Thanks folks
No Events found!