Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

April 18th, 2004 12:00

problems with using a parrlel port

i just bought a garmin e trax legend gps radio when i hook it using a parllel port the i cant get it to recognize the unit a the hookups are right i have a dell 4500 xp home edition sp 1 p4 2.0 ghz 389 ram thanks

9.4K Posts

April 18th, 2004 12:00

Have you gone into the BIOS and set the Parallel Port setting as recommend by Legend's manufacturer?  These settings would be found under the Advance Menu and the Peripheral Configuration sub-menu of the BIOS Setup.  Here is a link to the on-line version of your User's Guide and the section dealing with that BIOS Setup screen.

P.S.  I just checked Garmin's web site and they mention in their FAQs about using the Serial Port to connect their unit to a PC.  Is this correct with your model?  Is so, you will have to connect the unit via the Serial port and adjust the Serial Port settings via the same BIOS Setup screen I mentioned above.

Message Edited by Majestic on 04-18-2004 08:49 AM

April 19th, 2004 06:00

thanks  i looked on their site and cannot find the info you found can you please post the link of the page also should the ports be set  for auto or enabled.

9.4K Posts

April 19th, 2004 13:00

Here is the link to the Garmin Legend web page.  The info I was looking at was under their FAQs.

http://www.garmin.com/products/etrexLegend/

The enabled setting will allow more options for configuring the port.

No Events found!