Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2009 03:00

system recovered from serious crash

I have only just joined the community so am finding my way around!

I am constantly getting crashes and  when submitting the problem to Microsoft I get the message to use the Driver reset but it does not solve the problem.

I guess there is an easy answer to this. so can can someone kindly point me in the right direction?

This is a copy of the manifest:

Server=watson.microsoft.com
UI LCID=1033
Flags=1696080
Brand=WINDOWS
TitleName=Microsoft Windows
DigPidRegPath=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DigitalProductId
ErrorText=A log of this error has been created.
HeaderText=The system has recovered from a serious error.
Stage2URL=
Stage2URL=/dw/bluetwo.asp?BCCode=c2&BCP1=00000007&BCP2=00000CD4&BCP3=020A0001&BCP4=84E48DA0&OSVer=5_1_2600&SP=3_0&Product=768_1
DataFiles=C:\DOCUME~1\MYACCO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8f0f.dir00\Mini032809-02.dmp|C:\DOCUME~1\MYACCO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8f0f.dir00\sysdata.xml
ErrorSubPath=blue
DirectoryDelete=C:\DOCUME~1\MYACCO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8f0f.dir00

Many thanks!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 2nd, 2009 04:00

First, we need your PC Model Number and the Operating System Version (this must be on any initial problem post).

Second, is this "crash" a program that is crashing or are you getting a complete PC crash (Blue Screen)?

The report you listed doesn't do anything for me.

2 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 07:00

Hi fireberd

Dell Dimension 3000 with Windows XP Home Edition

It's a complete PC crash although it's so quick that one hardly notices the blue screen.

I recently purchased a new video card to enable me to run more than one monitor but it caused so many problems I removed it and returned it. It was NVIDIA. I susspect that this is real cause of the problem. Each time I reboot I get the new hardware wizard trying to install a Multimedia item which I don't have, although in the Programs list there appears there should be one.

Does this help at all?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 2nd, 2009 14:00

If the new video card install wasn't too long ago, the System Restore may get rid of whatever is left, if you can't uninstall it.  System Restore will not delete any user data or e-mails but any programs or program updates that were installed will have to be reinstalled (and any programs uninstalled will have to be uninstalled again).  System Restore has an "undo" feature that will restore the PC to where it is now if the System Restore does not fix the problem.  System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools.

Generally, multimedia usually refers to the sound, not video.  However, if the new video card also had an HDMI output, that could explain the multimedia.  If you want to try and uninstall the software for the video card before you try the System Restore, that MAY remove the multimedia item and the crashes. 

No Events found!