Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2014 17:00

try to install windows xp i received a blue screen saying that Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer.

i am running a Intel celeron processor: 2.60 GHZ and a bios version of A05 i wanted to re-install windows xp and every time i put the windows xp installation CD it bring me to the blue screen that said windows setup can't find any hard disk drive install i search in the internet it says that i need to change my SATA configuration to IDE and when i go to the BIOS i see that it bypass the IDE but i can't change the setting to anything else plus help and thanks in advance Make and model: dell Service tag number [ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy] xp version and service pack: xp home and service pack 2 with a bios version: A05

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 9th, 2014 18:00

The dimension 2400 does not have sata drives.

Your hard drive is bad or not properly set to cable select.

2 Posts

June 9th, 2014 18:00

so what can I do so it could install window xp

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

June 9th, 2014 19:00

Try clearing BIOS:

1. Power off and unplug
  2. Press/hold power button for ~15 sec
  3. Open case and remove motherboard battery
  4. Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
  5. Reinstall battery* (right-side-up!)
  6. Close case and connect only mouse, monitor and keyboard
  7. See how BIOS is set now and if XP will install.

*If battery is more than ~2-3 years old, this would be a good time to install a new one. CR2032 3-volt lithium ion battery, ~$2 at discount stores.

BTW: Microsoft is no longer supporting XP so there won't be any more security updates or hotfixes. If you insist on keeping XP, you should be running SP3, but that won't be updated either.

No Events found!