Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2014 17:00

unexpected interrupt 0dh occurred at 0020h:187Ah CPU halted

have 2 OptiPlex 755's that will not use the PCIe graphics card (ati radeon 2400 xt) that came with them. I even swapped it out with another graphics card and still had issues (VisionTek Radeon 1GB 6350 DMS59, DP B2 PCIe).When I plugged it in to the VGA display is fine. I then ran the onboard diagostics and it appeared fine. I then ran the ones that come on the disk and I got this error right away:

unexpected interrupt 0dh occurred at 0020h:187Ah CPU halted

I spoke with Dell tech support and they did not want to help much because it was out of warranty. Dell used to be good about helping when it workstations are out of warranty so the could sell you parts.

They said ir was due to the mother board which I believe to be correct. I just find it strange I am having this issue on 2 to 3 workstations.

Please someone if you recognize this error give me a heads up; because Google is not my friend today.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 14th, 2014 12:00

Unexpected interrupt... CPU halted. – This message indicates there could be a problem with an add-in card or possibly the system board.

NMI interrupt occurred... Unexpected interrupt... CPU halted. – The most likely cause of this is a memory fault.

Page Fault... Unexpected interrupt... CPU halted. – This message indicates a memory issue or a CPU (cache) issue.

INT 0DH is a hardware-generated interrupt (IRQ 5)
INT 0FH is a hardware-generated interrupt (IRQ 7)

No Events found!