Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2008 21:00

what kind of cmos battery to buy?

I need to replace my cmos battery.Any suggestions as to what kind to get? botz

3 Posts

January 28th, 2009 22:00

Just want to leave a note saying thank you for this post. Probably saved me a ton of aggravation as I'm about to buy a new battery and replace the old one. Delighted I found this post first.

Regards,

Howard Fields

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 29th, 2009 11:00

Just want to leave a note saying thank you for this post. Probably saved me a ton of aggravation as I'm about to buy a new battery and replace the old one. Delighted I found this post first.

Regards,

Howard Fields

That's great.    :emotion-11:

Bev.

4 Posts

April 16th, 2009 16:00

I'm trying to follow these instructions but they don't seem to apply to my Inspiron 9400, and dell does not list a CR2032 replacement part for my 9400. In my case the battery has a plastic wrapping around it with two wires going into it, which connect to the motherboard directly. I haven't sliced open the plastic wrapping to see just how it works. Will it be obvious once I do?

Also I may be blaiming this on the CR2032 incorrectly. I've noticed a few times when the system clock came up off by a bit. This seems like a CMOS battery issue. But my main laptop battery has also decided to die at the same time, which makes me wonder if it's the cause. I'm getting the 1-3-5 pattern on the battery, and the laptop's charging light gives me 4-quick-amber-blinks followed by a long-green-blink.

Thoughts or advice?

Thanks!

-- Ethan

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 16th, 2009 18:00

solomita

This thread does not apply to Inspiron 9400 laptops, it is for Desktop systems, as is the forum.

A better place to post in, would be the Laptop forum HERE

Bev.

1 Message

March 31st, 2012 08:00

The number of cmos battery for GX520 Sell

No Events found!