Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2009 19:00

what should i do?

hi there, i recieved my new studio xps yesterday got it out the box and i got hear something rattling inside, sounds like has broken off inside as you can hear it moving around.

Now i called dell customer service and after being pased around alot was advised that cust service are closed until monday and there is nothing i can do until then which i was a bit miffed about as i have 3 year support and it's brand new and not even been turned on.

My question is when i do call up cust services will they replace the tower with another brand new one? I refuse to have it go away for repair as i then feel like it is then reconditioned and it's new and shouldn't have to go away for repair, i havent even turned it on.

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

14.4K Posts

Yes they generally are fairly quick . Of course you are at the mercy of available parts.

14.4K Posts

tough to answer. They may schedule a tech to come to your home to check it our and they may actually want you to open it up to see if it is something that you can actually fix yourself. Which by the way might be a good ideal. Sometimes things do come lose in shipment and can be easily reinsterted and the problem is solved.

It really all depends on how comfortable you feel about opening the system.

if i have 3 years cover are they generally quick at sending techs out etc, i won't have to wait weeks will i?

thanks

i did open it up a few moments ago and it seems like a fan has came off seems like its snapped off the things that hold it in place so i don't think it's something i can fix.

What do you think would happen then??

many thanks for your help

so i'm guessing 1-2 days is the normal then to wait or am i being hopefull? thanks.

14.4K Posts

My guess would be a house call with a on site tech to replace the parts. Dell generally will not offer to replace a system until after numerous attempts to fix issues.

14.4K Posts

October 30th, 2009 20:00

Might be a bit optimistic. I would hope within a week though.

3 Apprentice

• 

2.6K Posts

October 30th, 2009 21:00

You also have the option of just returning it for a refund - don't know if that's preferable or not, but don't have much time to decide:

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/emea/shared/support/dsn/en/return_order?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

No Events found!