Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2017 04:00

xps 8700 Problem booting

Hi! I've been having a problems with my xps 8700 and after resetting the computer I am stuck. Once the Dell sign goes away I just see spinning dots. The reason why I decided to reset the computer was because I kept getting blue screen every time I turned on the computer -IaAtorA.sys- and I was unable to get my Nvidia graphic card to work so for past 2 months I've been using the other display driver  Despite this frustrating error and the graphic card the computer was working fine and wasn't slow or anything. To get the Nvidia to work I  literally tried everything, downgrade and update drivers and followed endless of steps but yet with no result. So once I secured my files I decided to reset it, but now I can't get past the black screen w/spinning dots. I have limited knowledge when it comes to computers so any help would be appreciated :S

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 17th, 2017 10:00

Try tapping F12 as soon as you boot without waiting for any screen to get to the Boot Menu. Select the Diagnostics and run those including a custom test of the hard drive which takes an hour or so. Report the results.

2 Posts

July 17th, 2017 16:00

Thank you for the answer Mary. I did as you told me and ran all tests, it took many hours scanning the

-hard drive 0.0.0-, but it past all tests in the end. Right before these actions I unplugged all the usb cables (including the mouse & keyboard)& it found way through the spinning circles and started loading the windows installation but rebooted at 64% and looped endlessly.

What I noticed in the end of the "reset this pc" action (when it was all over) I got a message that it didn't manage to erase everything and that I might want to try it again once I've finished installing the windows.  But first I need to find a way how to install it :P Any more ideas ?

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 19th, 2017 09:00

A clean install of the operating system might be the only solution but first I would try a new video card. You did remove the failed card, I hope. That cannot be left in the computer. The only way to use the onboard graphics is to physically remove the failed card.

No Events found!