Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2017 21:00

xps 8920 install samsung 960 Pro M.2 ssd can't load magician software due to RAID setting

Since I have the Raid Setting in Bios I can't Load Samsung's Drive Magician  software due to the Intel RST driver is loaded once I go to ACHI Mode the Samsung drivers can be installed because the default windows drivers will be where intel chipset sata/pcie RST driver was

I searched and they said easy fix follow these instructions. So I Did

1. Right-click the Windows Start Menu. Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    1. If you don’t see Command Prompt listed, it’s because you have already been updated to a later version of Windows.  If so, use this method instead to get to the Command Prompt:
      1. Click the Start Button and type cmd
      2. Right-click the result and select Run as administrator
  2. Type this command and press ENTER: bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal
    1. If this command does not work for you, try bcdedit /set safeboot minimal
  3. Restart the computer and enter BIOS Setup (the key to press varies between systems).
  4. Change the SATA Operation mode to AHCI from either IDE or RAID (again, the language varies).
  5. Save changes and exit Setup and Windows will automatically boot to Safe Mode.
  6. Right-click the Windows Start Menu once more. Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
  7. Type this command and press ENTER: bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot
    1. If you had to try the alternate command above, you will likely need to do so here also: bcdedit /deletevalue safeboot
  8. Reboot once more and Windows will automatically start with AHCI drivers enabled.

Gotten from

triplescomputers.com/.../

The computer will not boot into Safeboot with the AHCI setting.no mater what I do.

I was going to try to uninstall the RST driver from Device Manger pictured above and reboot but was afraid windows would not shart and would not install the default driver.

How can I solve this problem I really want the Magician software it will increase the speed and also keep an eye on firmware and drive health

thanks for any help.

Mitch

307 Posts

October 24th, 2017 07:00

See this thread; en.community.dell.com/.../20011828. Apparently there is an updated BIOS that fixes the problem.

1 Rookie

• 

36 Posts

October 24th, 2017 09:00

Thanks so much That did it. Unfortunately now my drive reports slower result with the magician software have to research that with samsung

No Events found!