Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2014 14:00

0xc000007b blue screen

I have a new x51 which came preloaded with windows 8. I have a windows 7 64bit oem disc that I was going to use to downgrade the OS. I have since run into a slight snag. After hitting F12 at the load screen to get into boot options, I get a blue screen saying "The operating system failed to launch etc". The error code I get is 0xc000007b. I then try hitting F8 to launch into safe mode but it still doesn't work. I still get to this screen regardless of what I choose.

It may be worth noting that Windows 8 wanted to do an update prior to shutting down. My mistake was doing a hard shut down by holding down the power key, rather than waiting for the updates to finish. I think this may have contributed to the problem.

Does anyone know a fix? Thanks in advance

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

July 19th, 2014 15:00

4 Posts

July 19th, 2014 20:00

Hi Phillip,

After following your instructions, I get a screen that asks: "where do you want to install windows?". Not sure where to go from this point....

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 19th, 2014 20:00

This could be malware.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2674065

Error: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might have caused the issue after you install Windows Updates

Applies to

• Windows 8
  • Windows 8 Enterprise
  • Windows 8 Pro
  • Windows 7 Starter
  • Windows 7 Home Basic
  • Windows 7 Home Premium
  • Windows 7 Professional
  • Windows 7 Enterprise
  • Windows 7 Ultimate
  • Windows Vista Starter
  • Windows Vista Home Basic
  • Windows Vista Home Premium
  • Windows Vista Business
  • Windows Vista Enterprise
  • Windows Vista Ultimate
  • Microsoft Windows Update

WIN8

Automatic Repair can detect and fix certain types of system problems that might prevent Windows from starting.

To run Automatic Repair using preinstalled recovery options:

1. Boot to WinRE. To do this you must allow the system to fail the boot process three times.
  2. From the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.
  3. Next, tap or click the Advanced options, and then tap or click Automatic Repair.

Automatic Repair will launch and attempt to fix any issues that prevent Windows from loading.

If Automatic Repair does not resolve the issue, please visit Microsoft Communities for more support.

WIN7

When starting the PC using the Last Known Good Configuration, your computer starts with the conficuration from the last time your PC booted successfully. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click the Start button, then click the arrow next to Shut Down, then click Restart.
  2. As your computer starts, press and hold the F8 button. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by shutting down and restarting your computer.
  3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration (advanced), and then press Enter. Windows will start normally.

If you still can't boot into Windows sucessfully, proceed to Method 2.

Startup Repair can detect and fix certain types of system problems that might prevent Windows from starting.

To run Startup Repair using preinstalled recovery options:

1. Restart your computer using the PC's power button. Do one of the following:On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter.
    • If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
    • If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.
  2. Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.
  3. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair, and then follow the on screen instructions.

To run Startup Repair using the Windows installation disc or a system repair disc:

1. Insert the Windows 7 or Windows Vista installation disc or a system repair disc, and then shut down your computer.
  2. Restart your computer using the computer's power button.
  3. If prompted, press any key and then follow the instructions that appear.
  4. On the Install Windows page, or on the System Recovery Options page, choose your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
  5. If you're using the Windows installation disc, click Repair your computer.
  6. Select the Windows installation you want to repair, and then click Next.
  7. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair, and then follow the on screen instructions.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

July 19th, 2014 21:00

4 Posts

July 20th, 2014 16:00

Yep, it's a similar screen. I get 3 different drives, however it says I can't use any of the drives to install windows!

I've been on the dell drivers page, entered my service tag and downloaded all the drivers, extracted the compressed ones and transferred it to a USB stick. However, when I click reload, I get a message saying that there weren't any drivers detected. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Could I be running into problems because my X51 was preloaded with Windows 8 and I'm attempting to install Windows 7? I have downloadec all the drivers needed for Windows 7 and I thought it was a simple matter of inserting the disc and hitting F12..

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 21st, 2014 13:00

If you see drives you have to do the drive options and Delete the partition and create a new one then format it.

It will then allow "install".

4 Posts

July 21st, 2014 20:00

Ok.How do I do that? Can you give me step by step instructions please? Thank you very much

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

July 22nd, 2014 06:00

1 Message

June 13th, 2016 22:00

Here are few things which produces such problems.

• upgrading from 32bit Windows to 64bit
  • 32-bit application loads a 64-bit dll file
  • missing or corrupt dll files
  • application not properly installed

Follow the link below to resolve 

How to fix 0xc000007b complete guide to fix this error.

2 Posts

January 21st, 2017 04:00

faced same problem, tried this guide: errorcodespro.com/.../ . Worked for me hope it would be helpful.

May 28th, 2017 09:00

How To Fix?

There may be many ways to fix the error, some of them might work. But, I am featuring a 90% working method.

STEP 1: Download AIO Driver Package (www.mgnad.com/.../)

STEP 2: Extract the package (The Whole Package is available as a single file)

STEP 3: Run the application and wait till it extracts completely

STEP 4: Now make sure EVERY APPLICATION IS TICKED/SELECTED

STEP 5: Press Install Button and Wait till its completed.

STEP 6: Now RUN Your Game or Application and BHOOM!

*** If the Above Method Fails: DOWNLOAD a Zip file containing some DLL files from http://bit.ly/2bPQsFf , extract it and copy the files to C:\Windows\System32 and now run the game and see!

For Full post visit: www.mgnad.com/.../

No Events found!