Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 5th, 2005 08:00

850XT Dual Monitor Query

I wonder if anyone can advise on following, I have a new 8400 system with the Dell XT850 PE graphics card, currently run a 2005FPW monitor but wanted to run a second monitor, graphics card guide says I have 1 x DVI and 1 x analogue card outputs and can run 2 analogue monitors (using DVI-analogue converter on DVI output), can I not keep my 2005FPW on my DVI output and connect an analogue monitor (even if DVI capable) to the analogue output?

Someone will have done this I know,

Simon UK

251 Posts

July 5th, 2005 09:00

yep..this will work no bother..from the settings tab on the display panel you can then see up how you want it to look and work..let me know how u get on as i intend to do the same

July 6th, 2005 08:00

Simon, I might not understand your question but I'm going to attempt to try to answer what I think you're asking.

I'm not sure if you're making the assumption that you can't connect both monitors using the DVI connection, but according to the ATI support website, you can.

If you're asking if you can connect one monitor that has a DVI cable and another that has VGA cable, you can do that by plugging in the DVI cable normally and then plug the adapter into the empty DVI slot and the VGA cable to the female end of the adapter.

I learned a lot about the x850 tonight by reading this:  http://www2.ati.com/manuals/RadeonX850.pdf

It might answer your question if we haven't done so already.
No Events found!