Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2011 09:00

ATI HDMI Audio 'Not Plugged In'

Hi all,

I've been cracking my head for the past couple of hours on the caption issue, but I'm thinking someone here might be able to help: I've just upgraded my Dell xps 8100 graphics card from gts 240 to an XFX hd 5770 (Single Slot). The xfx card has no hdmi port but a dual dvi port and a displayport. So I had to use a dvi-hdmi adapter from the card to a samsung hdmi port. The issue now is that I am only getting video signals. A cursory probe revealed that my realtek hdmi output is showing that the card's hdmi audio is not plugged in. This issue was non-existent in my gts 240 card even though the nvidia card also had no hdmi port. I guess this rules out the possibility of an issue with my tv or the hdmi cable as they were all working flawlessly before I changed the card. I am not too sure about the dvi/hdmi adapter though.

I noticed while I was changing the cards that the gts 240 card hard a cable connection from the pc mobo directly to the card whereas the xfx card hard no such provision. What I did with the cable after installation? I simply rolled it up nicely in the chassis in a way that even Dell themselves would be proud of. Could this be where I shot myself in the leg? Dunno honestly...

I have already sent a request to xfx to send me a dvi/hdmi adapter as none came with their product.

I'll appreciate any help/suggestion..btw, I'm solid when it comes to following clear instructions.

PC Specs: Dell (Gosh!) xps 8100, 8gb ram, 2TB hdd, i7 860 cpu, blu ray drive, 350w psu (not an issue), wireless and tv cards

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 29th, 2011 11:00

Hi Deebal,

I think the video card needs a connection to the on-board audio to pass through to the TV. The simple solution is to use a stereo audio cable from the PC to the TV.

No Events found!