Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2013 22:00

Aurora ALX R4 - Light at the end of the tunnel

First time poster and terribly disappointed Aurora ALX R4 owner.

I purchased now about a 7 months old Aurora ALX R4 and have had far more issues than I can stand. 4th technician now is being sent to my place, and as they only come during business days/hours I have thus had to take off work 4 times now for differing physical issues, not too mention days without access to my desktop (For a machine this price, I would expect better. Built a gaming machine years back that never gave me this much problem).

1. Faulty PSU - Replaced - Happened only about roughly a few weeks in to a month of my owning this machine

2. First HD faulty - Replaced

3. Second HD faulty - Replaced

4. Now pending another tech to arrive - Possibly faulty PSU or board

Not to mention the simple fact the computer didn't even come with a Win7 disk I could clean install from. I was told by a rep that Dell's policy is not to provide Win7 disks with their computers. I had to conduct a back-up right at the beginning... Found it ironic that the next time I was forced to call them, the rep didn't even know what AlienRespawn was...

Also the varying levels of support staff that I have now spoken to. Degrees of knowledge vary from minimal (Spoke to a call centre rep who didn't even know what my Aurora was) to some being good. That being said, all this not even once, a word of apology from their reps, the only 1 apology I got was from Dell NZ.

Prior to this I owned an Alienware M15X and that was excellent, hardly any issue and still going strong - 3 years plus.

Asking Dell to replace this Aurora now, and it's being referred to their financial team.

What is Dell's policy on this? How many issues must a customer endure prior to something warranting a replacement?

All in all I do like the machine, it's a great system when it works...

4 Posts

July 29th, 2013 02:00

Update - In case anybody might've read my earlier post. The same day I reported my 4th issue, the same dell rep I spoke to earlier called me a few hours later, and advised me that a replacement would be sent. He would also get a tech out still to repair my machine so I have use of a computer in the interim.

All in all would've preferred if my machine had worked instead and not have to reach this stage, however do appreciate that issues do arise, and in these situations what matters is the response, so thanks Dell support for that, the rep I spoke to especially.

Here's hoping the replacement doesn't cause me any issue like this first, and I can end my story with that much coveted happy ending.

- Realised this is in the wrong forum.

No Events found!