Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2017 12:00

Computer won't start up.

I have a Dell insipirion that is 2.5 yrs old. I was resetting to factory settings last night when we lost power. My computer will just have a very brief screen with the Dell logo. I push F12several times at this point to pull up another screen. One of the options is to run a diagnostics test, which I did and everything came up great. I contacted Dell, as I am out of warranty, they recommended the software to download to a removable media card from another computer, which I did. I inserted the media card, but nothing is changing. Do I need to change options somewhere to read the media card?

331 Posts

March 12th, 2017 08:00

Hi Meawatts,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Use a USB flash drive and create a bootable drive of the OS, that you have downloaded already. You may refer to this link http://dell.to/2lQwAIu and use the media creation tool to make the bootable drive. Once you have got the bootable USB drive, power on the system at the Dell logo tap the F12 key repeatedly. Select the USB device to install the OS on the system.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

No Events found!