Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

September 30th, 2005 03:00

Dell 2300 Part numbers. Please help

Hello, :womansad:

I took my PC in for a cleaning a few months ago, now my PC is powering off by itself. From searching on here I found it may be do to loss parts, so I went through and check everything. I have fond that the heat sink is missing a retaining clip and now the other one had broken off too. I was able to find part number 8T065 which is for the plastic retention module. Does anyone know if that will come with the retention clips i need, if not please tell me the part number I would need to order. Also the 800 and extension I found in the forum seem to have changed. Can some one or a Dell moderator tell me the correct number. Lastly is it possible to upgrade my processor to a Pentium 4, if I can where can I order that and it's parts.

Please someone help I love Dell, my baby needs some doctoring. :womansad:

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 30th, 2005 10:00

The retention bracket isn't sold separately from the mainboard. You've got two optoins:

Replace the retention bracket and heatsink with a standard unit - this is about at $30 option, depending on the heatsink you choose.

Replace the mainbard with a new one from Dell (about $100).

You can use any socket 478 CPU as long as the bus speed is 400 MHz - the 533, 800 and 1066 MHz units will not work. Max is a 2.8.

If you buy a retail CPU it'll come with a standard heatsink - you can then buy a standard retention bracket for about $5 and be all set.

Dell Spare Parts 1-800-449-3355 ext 7269937

September 30th, 2005 21:00

Hello

Thanks for the information, I am in the process for shoping around to upgrade my processor, can you anyone tell me which one of these will fit my Dell 2300 Dimension the  Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 1.8GHz, 400MHz FSB, Socket 478 512KB Cache, Intel Celeron 2.8 GHz Processor Socket 478 400FSB w/ 128KB Cache or Intel Pentium 4 Socket 478 2.8GHz 400MHz 512KB 478-Pin Microprocessor. IF these are not correct please tell me which one, since I will be upgrading it I want to get the highest clock speed I can get currently I have an Intel Celeron. Also can anyone recommend a good to pruchase the processor from. Thankyou all.
No Events found!