Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2013 06:00

Dell 8300 does not boot

I had to do a force shutdown when my 8300 locked up.  Now when I press the power button, the light changes from white to orange, and the computer beeps 4 times. The screen stays blank and the computer does not boot.  Any suggestions.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

January 10th, 2013 06:00

Hi EdwB,

4 beeps for this system model indicates an issue with the RAM. You can try to reseat the RAM's of the system. Here are the steps:

Note: During installation or removal of any hardware, always turn off the system and ensure all data is backed up properly. Disconnect any telephone, network, and USB cables from the computer. Disconnect the computer and all attached devices from their electrical outlets.

• Locate the memory module(s) on the system board

• Press out the securing clip at each end of the memory module connector

• Grasp the memory module and pull it upwards. If the memory module is difficult to remove, gently ease the memory module back and forth to remove it from the connector

I would recommend you to remove all the memory modules from the computer. Then put one RAM at a time in one slot and restart the computer. Ensure that you check in all the slots with just one RAM. This will help us isolate the issue with the slots or the modules.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!