Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 26th, 2009 17:00

Dell Bluetooth keyboard (y-raq-del2) won't go into discoverable mode.

I got this keyboard yesterday and got it to sync once. However, something went wrong and it wasn't accepting any input. So, I removed the pairing and was going to try to re-discover the device. However, I can't get the keyboard to go into discoverable mode. I hold down the button to put it in discoverable mode and nothing happens. I've held it down for 5 seconds as well as 30. I turned it off and back on, I removed the batteries, but it won't go into discoverable mode any more. Any ideas?

March 16th, 2010 06:00

I'm not sure why this owrks, but we've had the same problem with one of those keyboards at my work.

The only way we could get it to work was to either put two flatish batteries in the keyboard, or put 1 flat battery and 1 fresh battery in.

1 Message

February 10th, 2010 18:00

I have the exact same problem.

Used to work fine. Just turned it on for the first time in a while. The blue light stays solid. Can't figure out how to get it to go into discoverable mode. 

I've held down the button for 5 seconds, a minute. took the batteries out. tried new batteries. pressed the buttons on and often dozens of times, etc.

it's really annoying because i just bought a USB/Bluetooth connector for my new laptop specifically so I could use this keyboard again.

any help?

1 Message

April 20th, 2012 10:00

This worked for me.  When I turned on the keyboard, the blue light stayed on even after I pressed the bluetooth discovery button.  I switched one of the fresh batteries with an old one and was able to pair the keyboard to my laptop.  Strange but it worked.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 20th, 2012 10:00

Y-RAQ-DEL2 is DELL Part Number: GM952  FJ905

Manufacturer Part# : FJ905
Dell Part# : 310-8142

Bluetooth 2.0 EDR USB adapter

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/acc/

Dell Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Bundle
Release Date: 9/20/2006
Version: A02
Importance: Recommended
Download Type: Application
File Format: Hard-Drive
File Size:

44MB

R132660.EXE

Installation Instructions

Custom Instructions for R132660.EXE: Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe 
File for R132660.EXE Download
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK.
The Save In: window appears.
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop. Install
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R132660.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R132660.
Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears. 4.Click OK. 5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R132660 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Run setup.exe, follow the on-screen installation instructions.

3 Posts

February 19th, 2014 20:00

do you have the pair code pls. I loose it

3 Posts

February 19th, 2014 20:00

do you have the pair code please, I loose it.

2 Posts

July 5th, 2014 08:00

The computer creates the pair code and you have to enter it on the keyboard

2 Posts

July 5th, 2014 08:00

Weird but I have confirmed that this fix works also finally got my keyboard to work after days of stress!

1 Message

September 30th, 2014 00:00

This is very strange indeed but it worked for me as well.  One old "flattish" battery and a new one.

Thanks for the tip!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 30th, 2014 08:00

This thread has been locked due to it's age, if you have a similar issue, please use the 'New Post' feature at the top of this page and start a new thread.

Bev.    

No Events found!