Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2011 21:00

Dell Dimension 8400 Power Supply

Hello,

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 computer that's a few years old and came with XPpro as an OS.  My spec sheet shows that it came with a 350W power supply and I think the current power supply is starting to fail.  Does anyone know what part number these systems used?  I tried to get hold of Dell through their chat and it's busy, closed for the evening, etc.

My service tag is Service tag removed per privacy policy >

if there's somewhere to look it up OR if Dell monitors this forum.

Thanks

Chris

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 12th, 2011 22:00

coverland

To replace the power supply of the Dimension 8400, you can use most standard ATX PSU's with a 24pin or 20 + 4-pin main motherboard power connector and no on/off switch and a minimum of two SATA power connectors.

If a PSU has the on/off switch, the back panel will have to be modified for it  [cut a hole].

A Dell OEM Dimension 8400 350w refurbished power supply, can be purchased from HERE

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 12th, 2011 22:00

coverland

To replace the power supply of the Dimension 8400, you can use most standard ATX PSU's with a 24pin or 20 + 4-pin main motherboard power connector and no on/off switch and a minimum of two SATA power connectors.

If a PSU has the on/off switch, the back panel will have to be modified for it  [cut a hole].

A Dell OEM Dimension 8400 350w refurbished power supply, can be purchased from HERE

Bev.

No Events found!