Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 13th, 2013 14:00

Dell Inspiron D620 BIOS update problem

Hey, I have a problem to update my dell BIOS to version A08,  the updater says "Error 8193: Intel (R) ME Interface : Cannot locate ME device driver" Anyone recieved this problem, anyone knows how to fix it?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 13th, 2013 16:00

Hi Miecias,

There is an Inspiron desktop model 620, not D620. The current BIOS version is A04.

1 Message

May 29th, 2013 11:00

Hi Osprey, you are incorrect about the current version. A08 has been out for awhile, that what's I've been using to update the BIOS on many Inspiron 620 systems. I've been having BSOD issues though and there is a newer version of the bios A10 that releases memory to the OS which I would hope would fix the blue screen issue. It won't install the BIOS though.

Receiving GetMeVersionError

the service tag of the system in question is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

May 29th, 2013 13:00

Hi jakes094,

Not sure what I was looking at. Possibly a Latitude D620. Sorry.

Anyway, on the installation, I recommend installing from a flash drive by booting to DOS. Or try safe mode.

1.5K Posts

May 29th, 2013 13:00

Hi jakes094,

I don’t think BIOS update will fix the BSOD issue. Please share the error code you are getting on the blue screen. Also share the mini dump files, if possible. I will try to analyze the files to determine the exact cause of failure. You may follow the steps below:

• Click ‘Start’, point to ‘Settings’, and then click ‘Control Panel’
  • Double-click ‘System’
  • Click the ‘Advanced system settings’, and then click ‘Settings’ under ‘Startup and Recovery’.
  • In the Write debugging information list, click ‘Small Memory Dump’

You may run the hardware diagnostics to check for the hardware functionality. please follow the steps below:

• Reboot and press F12 to enter the Boot Menu
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • In case any hardware component is bad, you will get a corresponding error

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

No Events found!