Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 22nd, 2012 11:00

Dell Inspiron One 19 won't power on

Hello! :)

I have a Dell Inspiron 19 One, which I've had for about 2 years now. This morning, the computer would not turn on. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. As soon as I plugged it iback n, and without me pressing the power button, it powered on for about one second and then shut down again, enough for the fans to spin up and then immediately back down. The power led was orange/yellow for the second it was on. After more plugging/unplugging, I was able to get it to power on once with a regular white power led by actually pressing the power button, but it still powered down in about one second. I have tried a different power cord and in a different outlet, with no luck. Most of the time when I plug it in, it does not power on at all, it only happens like every 5th time.

There is no noise, the fans don't stay on other than the occasional one second when it does power up, and the power light does not stay on after the occasional initial one second.

I assume this is a problem with the power supply, but can I be sure of that? And if it definitely is the power supply, where do I get a replacement? I've opened it up and the power supply in there looks much, much smaller than what you'd get in a standard full-sized PC.

Thank you for any help you can give. :)

565 Posts

September 23rd, 2012 03:00

Hi,

Generally the issue might be related to power supply as different power cords have been checked.

The power supply which goes with Inspiron One 19 is 130w. Dell part numbers of the power supply that are shipped with this system are H109R and Y664P.

As you say that the warranty has expired on the computer you can go to spare part sales and place an order for the power supply, providing the link of spare part sales for reference:

Providing the link for the manual for reference:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

For any clarifications please feel free to contact me.

565 Posts

September 22nd, 2012 20:00

Hi,

As you have connected the power cable to different power outlets and also tried different power cords, this means that the issue can be related to power supply or the motherboard.

I request you to private message the system service tag number. To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation.

Alternatively, you can check warranty status online. Click on the link below:

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/TroubleShooting/ProductSelector

For any clarifications please feel free to contact me

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 23rd, 2012 02:00

I have checked the warranty status, and sadly the product is out of warranty. I don't mind doing the repair myself, though.

Is there any way to determine for sure if it is the motherboard or if it is the power supply?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 25th, 2012 14:00

Got it sorted out now, thanks! I got a power supply off ebay and followed instructions in the service manual you linked.

I had the case all sealed up and then realized I'd turned the power cord upside down so I had to re-open it and turn that around. Then I got it powered up and the monitor wasn't working, the cables were loose! Had to open it up *again* and tighten them. My fingers are sore from all the screwdrivering. :p

2 Posts

April 7th, 2013 20:00

JD,

Can you send me the seller name you purchased from? I need one but can't find any right now.

Thanks!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 9th, 2013 13:00

Mcnomis, here is a direct link to the item. Unfortunately it seems that the seller no longer has any in stock, but perhaps you could contact them directly about it. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vostro-320-130w-PSU-with-I-O-Board-Power-Supply-Unit-H109R-Y664P-/170899012312?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AL%3AOC%3AUS%3A3160&item=170899012312&nma=true&si=CPX0AY0y4dhMm1OsqtpP0zPuUOM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Good luck. :)

No Events found!