Highlighted
Ktwallis
Copper

Dell Latitude D600 Won't Start Up

This problem began just yesterday. I try to start up my computer after it's been turned off/put on standby.... and it just won't start. The power light in the bottom right will turn on for 5 seconds, then shut off and the boot attempt fails. After about 20 attempts, it will finally boot up and work like normal. But then when I shut it down to bring it to work, it did the same thing again today.

There are three lights in the bottom right - one is a turn on/off one, one is a plugged in one, and the middle on is an activity one i guess (it flashes a lot when the computer is in use). This light usually turns on at startup - but when the startup will fail it never turns on.

Please help! Is this a virus or a hardware problem?

thank you so much!
Katie
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ejn63
Diamond

Re: Dell Latitude D600 Won't Start Up

Hopefully it's under warranty, as it sounds like the system board is failing. If it is, and it's out of warranty, you're in for an expensive (around $500) repair.
0 Kudos
Ktwallis
Copper

i'm about 6 months out of warranty. they must program these laptops to break right after warranty is up. i just got a new hardrive at that point, new motherboard about a year ago. what is happening?!
0 Kudos
Mary G
Diamond

You should post on the Latitude forum for info on that model.
0 Kudos
Ktwallis
Copper

ok, will do! thank you!
0 Kudos