Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

November 18th, 2006 17:00

Dell Latitude D600 Won't Start Up

This problem began just yesterday. I try to start up my computer after it's been turned off/put on standby.... and it just won't start. The power light in the bottom right will turn on for 5 seconds, then shut off and the boot attempt fails. After about 20 attempts, it will finally boot up and work like normal. But then when I shut it down to bring it to work, it did the same thing again today.

There are three lights in the bottom right - one is a turn on/off one, one is a plugged in one, and the middle on is an activity one i guess (it flashes a lot when the computer is in use). This light usually turns on at startup - but when the startup will fail it never turns on.

Please help! Is this a virus or a hardware problem?

thank you so much!
Katie

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Hopefully it's under warranty, as it sounds like the system board is failing. If it is, and it's out of warranty, you're in for an expensive (around $500) repair.

4 Posts

i'm about 6 months out of warranty. they must program these laptops to break right after warranty is up. i just got a new hardrive at that point, new motherboard about a year ago. what is happening?!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 18th, 2006 20:00

You should post on the Latitude forum for info on that model.

4 Posts

November 19th, 2006 13:00

ok, will do! thank you!
No Events found!