Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2012 18:00

Dell XPS 700 no video on screen

I got the computer from my grandma because it was broken i got everything fixed on it. I got into BIOS and messed around in their and i changed the boot up options i think and i hit save and restart but now no video or anything appears on my screen and i don't know what to do. I have reseated everything and it starts up but just no video. please help i have been working on this computer for a while and my own blood is in it because of the sharp metal and i just wanna get it fixed.

ps. i think it might be the graphics card but i dont know

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

September 27th, 2012 21:00

Hi EHazen,

I am sorry to hear that XPS 700 has no video after changing the BIOS settings.

I suggest you to reset the BIOS settings to defaults and reseat the graphics card. Please follow the steps provided below to reset the BIOS:

1. Remove all the cables connected to the back panel.
2. Remove the computer cover.
3. Locate the password (PASSWORD) and CMOS (RTCRST) jumpers on the system board(They are located near the CMOS battery).
4. Remove the password jumper plug, place the plug on the CMOS jumper pins, and then wait approximately 5 seconds.
5. Remove the jumper plug from the CMOS jumper pins, and then reinstall the plug on the password jumper pins to enable the password feature.
6. Close the computer cover.
7. Connect the computer and devices to electrical outlets and turn them on.

If you are still unable to get the video, please reply to this message with the status of the Power Button LED, Diagnostics Lights(1 2 3 4), Monitor Power LED and any beep codes.

24 Posts

September 28th, 2012 08:00

The password and RTCRST jumpers are missing i mean i think the things that go on them. and the front lights show 1 2 3. the computer was working before but i dont know what else to do. I took out the CMOS battery but i dont know how long.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 3rd, 2012 03:00

Hi EHazen,

Thank you for your reply and apologize for the delay in responding to your request.  The motherboard does not have a RTCRST jumper plug. You have to remove the PASSWORD jumper plug and place the plug on the CMOS jumper pins.  Wait approximately 5 seconds and start from the step 5 from my previous message. Diagnostics lights 1 2 3 indicates “Another failure”. Please ensure that the cables are properly connected to the system board from the hard drive, CD drive and DVD drive.

Please reply to this message with your findings.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

May 18th, 2013 05:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                    

No Events found!