Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 23rd, 2016 05:00

Dell XPS 8500 Wont Start

Hi!

I'm having trouble starting my Dell XPS 8500.  The green PSU light turns on, but when I press the power on button, blinks in white and turns off. Then blinks in white again and turns off and continues doing that.

Also it sounds like something is trying to start inside.

I attached a simple video of its behavior.

Thanks a lot!

April 23rd, 2016 21:00

Hello Nice to hear from you. Looks to be a loose connection of one of the memory modules.
These issues do happen and nothing to worry about. Should it happen in future do give us a shout.
It was pleasure serving you.

April 23rd, 2016 05:00

Hi Adiazfdez

Thanks for writing to us. 

When did the issue start ? Have you made any hardware or software changes lately? 

Please do a power cycle by disconnecting the power cable, hold down the power button for 15 secs and then plug back the cable. Power up the machine  and observe for any changes. 

Also you can try to remove the memory modules and put then back one by one and observe. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2016 09:00

Hi Hema,

Thanks for you answer. I'm confused. I tried the power cycle but it didn't work. 

So, I began removing the last two memory modules and it started!

I have 4 GB memory modules.  I took out each one of them and I installed only one of them each time. It worked with every one of them.

Now I began installing 4, 8, 12 and 16 Gb and everything works fine.

What could it be?  Do I have a faulty memory module that it's going to fail, or could it be the motherboard?

Thanks again 

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2016 22:00

Thank you again!

April 24th, 2016 20:00

Anytime. Have a good one.

No Events found!