Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 21st, 2004 14:00

Dimension 2350 - updated A02 BIOS confirmed???

I believe I have upgraded to the A02 BIOS in my Dimension 2350. However, when the pink DOS screen indicated the upgrade was successful, I eventually pressed ctrl+alt+delete and exited. Before exiting, however, there were three choices underneath the "upgrade successful" notification, those being -1- F10 reboot, -2- Y, y, reprogram, -3- all others, continue. I pressed F10 but another install process took place and not knowing how to 'continue' I then exited.

On a restart the Dell screen shows "revision A02 BIOS". I also checked System Information and also the Dell Current System Configuration Check. These also show an A02.

QUESTION: Can I presume/assume that I now have a proper A02 BIOS or was something done wrong by exiting?

Thank you.

9.4K Posts

October 21st, 2004 15:00

If you received the "success" notification and your machine is now displaying A02 on boot up then the upgrade was done.   Another place you can always check on your current BIOS version is in the BIOS Setup.  On the Main page of the BIOS Setup screen your version number will be listed.
No Events found!