Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2005 02:00

Doesn't Recognize PNY Attache 512M Flash

Dimension 4100 running Windows Me. Plugged in PNY Attache 512M Flash memory into USB port, nothing happens. Tried other port, still nothing. Cannot see it even after re-booting. Vendor support site indicates that no other driver is needed for Me. Ran diagnostics from Dell Support site on USB and found no errors. Any way to determine what is preventing this from working?

Message Edited by bpf7635 on 11-09-2005 11:25 PM

78 Posts

November 10th, 2005 07:00

Will your USB work with other USB devices?

Will the PNY flash memory work in another machines USB?

Just off hand, it sounds like you could have a bad flash memory.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 10th, 2005 09:00

Most non-Windows XP machines require a driver, including ME. 

Althouogh not specifically to this brand/model of USB memory "key" but there have been many other posts on here about memory keys in non Windows XP systems and all have required drivers.

5.8K Posts

November 18th, 2005 16:00

@fireberd wrote:

Most non-Windows XP machines require a driver, including ME.

Althouogh not specifically to this brand/model of USB memory "key" but there have been many other posts on here about memory keys in non Windows XP systems and all have required drivers.

IIRC, ME does recognize flash drives without a driver. Win98 requires a driver, though.

The PNY website claims no driver is needed for ME:

http://www.pny.com/install/attache/P20_new.pdf

Peter

5 Posts

November 23rd, 2005 15:00

The flash memory works because I was ablr to use it on my W2K PC at work. I guess the correct driver is included in this.

2 Posts

December 3rd, 2005 13:00

I have the same problem with same flash drive.  I had the problem with a SanDisk Cruzer Micro flash drive.  It also said no driver needed for WIN ME.  If the device is listed on Control Manager, you just have to load a driver.  However, it looks like the PNY site stops you from loading because you don't have WIN 98.  If i find, I'll send to you.

2 Posts

December 3rd, 2005 13:00

If the device is listed in device manager, copy the win98 driver and reinstall driver for the device.  it will work.  My did.
No Events found!