Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

December 6th, 2005 12:00

Drivers for Sound Blaster Audigy 2 THX that came with my Dell 4600

I  have a Dell Dimension 4600. It came with a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 THX.

The hard drive crashed and I had to rebuild the system. Everything is fine after rebuilding except the audio card.

When I look in device manager I see a yellow unknown device labeled "MultiMedia Audio Controller."  I search for drivers to configure this device but none are found.

So I downloaded the R80459 SB Audiology from Dell  and try to install. When I click on R80459.EXE the installation proceeds but then I get the error "Setup could not find a previous version of Creative Diagnostics installed" and then the installation process stops. 

If I try to install the Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio from the Resource CD, it installs at C:\dell\drivers\R66937 but when I try run  SoundMax setup, it errors with  the message "Driver Not Found"

How can I get the drivers for my sound card???????

723 Posts

December 6th, 2005 13:00

When you bought the comp it came with a bunch of cd's one of which was labeled Sound Blaster Audigy 2 THX, that cd has the drivers and software you need to load in order to have sound.

26 Posts

December 8th, 2005 07:00

You can also get those drivers from creative.com. Ther are many updates, you'll find using Ceative's "Auto Update" feature to be very beneficial. The program will identify your particular model, ie. Audigy 2ZS, Audigy 2ZS Gamer, Audigy 2ZS Platinum, etc..., and you will be automatically given critical, recommended, and optional drivers. This feature will only work if you have registered your sound card with Creative. It is an excellent feature. I currently have 4 different Audigy cards and I have been using the auto update feature for the past three years.

723 Posts

December 8th, 2005 15:00

Creative site works fine if you have a retail sound card, but it does not work for the Dell version of the card. Dell's card is specificly made for Dell minus some features of the retail card, therefore will only use Dell drivers.
No Events found!