Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2013 05:00

Dual Monitor on Dell Inspiron 620 with AMD Radeon HD6450 card

Hello All

I have a AMD Radeon HD6450 card. I want connect 2 monitors to this card using DVI-D and VGA connector.

This card supports Dual monitor and card power consumption is 44 watts and existing 250watts

SMPS will easily work with dual monitor and this info was given by Dell support team US. Unfortunately this card does

not come with VGA connector, i think it has been removed to make it fit into Inspiron 620 slim cabinet. 

Please see the card i have without the VGA connector in the link below

Please see the same card i have with the VGA connector in the link below from SAPPHIRE, AMD licenses cards to various manufacturers and all have the same circuit i think.
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1086&pid=1166&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

So i manually soldered 2x8 Dual line berg connector into the empty slot and from externel

vendor i purchased this connector as Dell India said it cannot give me one.The vendor said that VGA connector is standard and it should work.

But when i  connected a VGA monitor its not working. My soldering is very good as i am electronics engineer myself so no issues there.

So the issue is i think is the connection between 2x8 Dual line berg and VGA connector. So can anybody please help me out by providing me with

ckt diagram of VGA connector or  where can i purchase this unique VGA connector or point out where i have gone wrong. Kindly help me out.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Nithin

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 10th, 2013 07:00

The vga connector is removed from that Pegatron Card.

The ASUS SILENT 6450 has it.

There are not very many ways to make this card.

You can use DVI to VGA on the DVI Connector and then HDMI to DVI on the upper HDMI connector.

Dell part number CN-0HCVMH does have this but does NOT come with the low profile bracket.

I dont see the 4 pins on the DVI connector to allow VGA however so this may be why the other VGA doesnt work.

The ASUS Card comes with both brackets and DVI - A VGA Capability.

DVI - D does not allow VGA.

This is a user forum. There won't EVER be any circuit diagrams.  We are not Pegatron or Dell.

The DVI-to-VGA Adapter from Dell is designed for Dell™ Systems. This adapter converts digital DVI output designed for digital flat panels to standard analog VGA output for analog CRT monitors or flat panels. This product has been tested and validated on Dell systems. It is supported by Dell Technical Support when used with a Dell system.

Manufacturer Part# : 6U934
Dell Part# : 330-0327

http://www.ascendtech.us/dell-hd6450-1gb-hcvmh-m116-video-card_i_vc1ghcvmhhd6450.aspx

ASUS - Graphics Cards- ASUS EAH6450 SILENT/DI/1GD3(LP)

January 10th, 2013 09:00

Thank you for ur reply speedstep. When using a hdmi to dvi converter will it work will all monitors caz some monitor come with dvi with hdcp

support and some without hdcp support. Will the this converter work with both type of monitors ? The reason y i was trying to setup vga connector

is caz i have 2 vga monitors. If i buy a monitor with it work for sure . Can u please clarify this...?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

January 10th, 2013 12:00

The Pegatron card you have supports ZERO vga monitors.  The same kind of card from ASUS supports 2 VGA monitors and comes with a DVI -A port and a 15 pin VGA port.

HDMI To DVI works fine with HDCP but does not transmit Sound.

With what you have buying a VGA Monitor will not work at all EVER.

I am not Dell.  I am not pegatron.  YMMV.

No Events found!