Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

April 25th, 2002 22:00

ERROR 02B2 Incorrect Drive A type-run SETUP

When the computer starts up we get the message "ERROR 02B2 Incorrect Drive A type-run SETUP" is displayed. Disketts formatted in the a drive aren't recognized by other computers and disketts formatted in the drive aren't recognized as being formatted by other computers. How can I fix this?

1.1K Posts

April 25th, 2002 23:00

First, go into the BIOS setup and make sure the floppy is setup properly. If that isn't the problem run the Dell Diagnostics fo the floppy drive. Make sure you have a readable floppy in the drive during the test. You can find the diagnostics on the Dell Resource CD or Dell Downloads.

Message Edited on 04/25/02 08:51PM by fredha

82 Posts

April 26th, 2002 00:00

A few things to check. Check the BIOS to ensure that it's set up for a 3 1/2" 1.44 drive. The second thing to check is the ribbon cable. Make sure that it's firmly connected to the motherboard and to the drive.
--ISGuy

June 19th, 2002 18:00

I just got this same error message yesterday for the first time. I checked the BIOS configuration, and the A drive settings are as follows:

Diskette controller: Enabled
Diskette A: 1.44/1/25 MB 3-1/2"
Diskette Write Protect: Disabled

I downloaded Dell Diagnostics to my desktop, but when I tried to run them I got the message:

General Failure Reading Drive A
Abort, Retry, Fail?

I'm only moderately computer literate. If it helps, I've had my computer (Dimension XPS-R350, Windows 98 for about 3-4 years now. I haven't made any changes to my system recently.

Any help will be much appreciated.

No Events found!