Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2013 05:00

Enable Integrated Graphics after a graphic card failure

My video card is dead and I'm trying to enable the integrated graphics on my XPS 8100. When I turn the desktop on, I hear the 6 beeps from the video card failure but I can't access the bios. How can I turn on the integrated graphics after a video card failure?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 18th, 2013 07:00

kanawati,

Only some of the Dimension 8100 sold with an Onboard video. Look at the rear of the tower. Do you see a blue VGA port? If not, your only recourse is to install another AGP video card.

11 Posts

February 18th, 2013 07:00

Hi, Chris. My XPS Studio 8100 has a video port on the back. I'm just trying to figure out how to enable it now that my main video card died and the system does not allow me to access my BIOS (keeps beeping in 6 time interval).

I guess I should try a CMOS reset... maybe it turns my integrated graphics ON. What do you think?

March 24th, 2013 10:00

I am having the exact same problem - would like to turn on the integrated graphics until I can get a new PCI Express video.  Did you ever resolve this?

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

March 24th, 2013 11:00

If integrated graphics are present, removing the video card should activate them. Barring that, I suggest getting a new video card from a reputable e-tailer like Newegg, who should have the card delivered in three business days.

This is a good budget card: www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

March 24th, 2013 11:00

Thanks, removing the card just got the 6 beep video error and no love from the integrated video.  Have now "borrowed" a video card from my son's computer while I acquire a replacement.

No Events found!