Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2004 11:00

GX270 Alert! Attempts at booting failed at checkpoint [krst], [usbf], and [time].

I usually leave my computer on in the office overnight and just lock my network login.  This morning I came in and it was a blank screen with a cursor in the upper left corner of the screen.  When I press [ctrl][alt][del] three times, I get the screen:

Previous attempts at booting this system have failed at checkpoint [krst].  For help in resolving this problem, please note this checkpoint and contact Dell technical support. 

The only way out of the screen that I can figure out is to turn the power off.  When I turn it back on, it won't let me go to F2 or F12.

I get three different checkpoints each time I press [ctrl][alt][del] at the error message screen. 

The lights in the back are:

a-green

b-green

c-green

d-amber

Can somebody please help me with this problem? 

1.2K Posts

September 28th, 2004 05:00

Try booting the system with no external peripherals attached (usb printers/scanners and so on). I have seen a similar problem and it turned out to be a label printer. May also need a motherboard replacement. Perhaps try calling Dell "Tech Support".

108 Posts

October 8th, 2004 11:00

Hi,

Krst - Checkpoint corresponds to the "Testing Keyboard Reset Command"

Try reseating all the cables including the mice and keyboard at the back of the machine and check

The Apostate

1 Message

October 11th, 2004 12:00

I had the same problem on my Dell PowerEdge 400sc, finally we found out it is bad memory card problem, after taking out the bad memory chip, it works fine.

8 Posts

October 25th, 2004 15:00

MaggieZhao:

Found your posting of 10-11-04 via a search initiated by a good samaritan named Steve.  Your report that the problem stemmed from a bad memory chip fits with my own preconceptions, so
I'll try that first.

John Van Laer
No Events found!