Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2006 06:00

GeForce7300LE Desktop never works after I quit games. Help?

Well guys I'm on a P4 2.8ghz Dual Core, 1GBRam, 512MB GeForce 7300LE, 19" LCD

No matter what game, no matter what the settings, regardless of whether I use the latest Nvidia drivers or the Forceware Beta drivers, the problem remains.

When I quit a game I get a black screen. Sometimes I get a frozen image of my desktop. I know my computer is still active, running the errands I've given it, and I can move my mouse ..., but without the ability to see what I'm doing that's useless. Restarting is the only solution I've found as of yet.

I bought this system to play games, and have had a hard time doing just that ever since. If there have been previous threads like this or a FAQ that I don't see that mentions a similar problem, please direct me towards it. Any help is much appreciated.

15 Posts

October 26th, 2006 13:00

i was having the same problem with my xps 410 before i switched out my 7300le for a 7900gto. eventually i would get control of my desktop back after 1-2 minutes. the problem only happened with battlefield 2142, so i thought it was something to do with the game not releasing resources correctly.

the problem occurs with every game you play or only certain ones?

October 26th, 2006 13:00

me too ^ but after closing media center I get colored lines across the screen. Haven't loaded any games as of yet ... :(

2.6K Posts

October 26th, 2006 20:00

only a suggestion but turn off the nvidia control panlel if you still can or change the monitor to the other output on the card and see if it just is not getting confused with which one is the number one port.

October 26th, 2006 21:00

I am running Dual monitors =(

anyway I can get a video to play on both at the same time?

3 Posts

October 27th, 2006 04:00

You guys might be on to something, I do have it hooked up to my HDTV as a secondary monitor, and I CAN see on that one after I quit a game. The Nvidia control panel seems to recognize that my LCD monitor is the primary display though. I'll try closing the nvidia control panel before playing the game, but I'm pretty sure I've tried closing EVERYTHING running before and it didn't help.

I appreciate the feedback guys, hopefully I've just made an error somewhere and I don't have to use my warranty.

October 27th, 2006 11:00

Can you use your warranty to send it back and have it upgraded to a better card and pay the difference?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 30th, 2006 14:00

GtownSteppin,

Can you use your warranty to send it back and have it upgraded to a better card and pay the difference?
* No. We do not have a trade-in program.

3 Posts

November 9th, 2006 02:00

The only solution I've found is playing every game at 1024 and I always have to make positive that I set my desktop resolution to 1024 as well before I start the game.

Not exactly the experience that I thought I was purchasing when I ordered a gaming system, but I'm getting the impression that I'll just have to accept it and do more research in the future.

Live and learn. :)

Thank you very much for the assistance Chris, it's appreciated.
No Events found!